Available Classes and Supply Lists
Color Theory for the Fiber Artist (Lecture)
This is a lecture class that speaks to Quilters, Garment makers or the Home Dec Professional.
Want to mix things up with color, but just don't know where to start? Learn the color system that graphic artists, fabric dyers, printers and watercolor artists use to get those wonderful, heart stopping color combinations. Discuss the "feeling" of color and how to use it for you or your client's advantage.
• 3 in 1 Color tool by C&T publishing
• Note pad and paper
• Sense of adventure!
• "Color Play: Easy Steps to Imaginative Color in Quilts" by Joan Wolfrom (optional)
• "Visual Coloring: A Foolproof Approach to Color Rich Quilts" by Joen Wolfrom (optional)
Convergence and Beyond .....
Learn the basic techniques for making Ricky Tims' Convergence Style quilts, then take them a step further with embellishment, applique, thread play, stamps... The possibilities are endless! This is a great canvas for trying a new technique.
Decorative Bobbin Embellishment
Take this class and learn some wonderful techniques for using your bobbin to put those gorgeous threads that are too large for the needle, into your latest work of fiber art. We will have a kit for you, so your supplies will be minimal. What a deal!
• Sashiko: Easy & Elegant Designs for Decorative Machine Embroidery by Mary S. Parker
• Sewing machine in good working order with a removable bobbin case and drop feed
• Decorative or extra bobbin case for your machine (one with adjustable tension)
• 90/14 Topstitch needles, 90/14 and 80/12 microtex sharps
Hand Beading Basics (Hands On)
What a wonderful way to add a little sparkle or pizzazz to a quilt or piece of wearable art... or just make a one of a kind brooch for yourself! This is a hands on class in which students will be given instruction on the four basic beading stitches and some variations.
• There is a kit fee for this of $15 for beading supplies.
• Pen and paper to take notes
• Small pair of scissors
• Thread Heaven or Beeswax